Phoenix Café Bar and Covid-19
We have implemented a number of changes to help ensure the safety of our customers and our staff. These cover the 4 key points of the Covid-19 Secure Guidelines which are:
- Minimising contact with individuals who are unwell
- Keeping hands clean
- Respiratory hygiene (catch it, bin it, kill it)
- Regular cleaning of surfaces that are touched frequently
We have implemented the following steps and undertaken a full risk assessment:
- We have moved the outside benches to adhere to social distancing, they are at least 2m apart.
- For our opening day, Thursday 9th July, we will be using outside tables only to ensure we are not compromising the safety of the customers and staff. This will allow us to tweak our processes if necessary. Should it rain, we will move you to inside.
- A queuing system has been set up for the outside tables and also a take away snack service.
- Guests must wait outside to be allocated an inside table and should not enter the building until advised to by a member of the team.
- The Café has now been opened up into the Lindsey room and the Tickner Studio thus allowing 2m between tables. We have set up a one way system where the Café door is the entrance and the Tickner Studio door is the exit.
- Please note that a maximum of two households or support bubbles can share a table. Outside, a maximum of 6 from any number of households.
- All guests must provide contact details before ordering to facilitate track and trace.
- Hand sanitising stations have been set up on all entry and exit points to the building.
- Doors will be wedged open, where appropriate, to reduce touch points
- Frequent cleaning of objects and surfaces that are touched regularly by staff including counters, tills, light switches etc.
- Thorough cleaning of tables and chairs between customers with a spray cleaner that has been proven to kill Covid-19 within 5 minutes of contact.
- Covid-19 handwashing posters on display by all hand sanitising stations including customer toilets.
- Reminding customers who are accompanied by children, that they are responsible for supervising them at all times and should follow social distancing guidelines.
- We are operating table service only with pre-payment on ordering.
- Minimising contact by not pre laying tables. We will provide cutlery and disposable condiments only when food is served.
- We will be using disposable barware outside and our usual glasses inside.
- Contactless payments only and wiping down card machines after each use.
- Our disabled toilet is open but you will need to ask at the bar for the key.
- More regular and thorough cleaning of toilets, door handles, taps etc.
- Menus will be disposed of after each customer.
- All team members trained in the correct hand-washing and frequency.
- All front of house team members to wear visors and disposable gloves which are changed frequently.
- We are trying to reduce as much contact as possible between staff.
- Reduction in the number of staff to reduce interaction.
- Minimising contact between front of house workers and customers at points of service where appropriate.
- It is very unlikely that you can catch coronavirus from food but we have put appropriate measures in the kitchen to reduce any risks during food preparation.
- We will ventilate the indoor areas as much as possible to ensure a through flow of fresh air.
- All employees subject to a daily wellness check. Anyone displaying symptoms of Covid-19 will be excluded from the workplace.
- A full Covid-19 risk assessment has been completed in line with government guidance. Please ask us if you would like to be emailed a copy.